Genesis 6 Experiment – A Different World View
The whole Genesis 6 Experiment deal has got me looking at the entire story line of the Bible differently. Honestly I’m still trying to wrap my head around all of the implications. If you aren’t familiar with the Genesis 6 experiment, it is the story of the incursion of the 200 fallen angels on the Earth who mated with women and produced gigantic offspring. They are known as the men of renown, mighty men of old.
Genesis 6 Experiment – Complete Jewish Bible
6 In time, when men began to multiply on earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were attractive; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Adonai said, “My Spirit will not live in human beings forever, for they too are flesh; therefore their life span is to be 120 years.” 4 The N’filim were on the earth in those days, and also afterwards, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; these were the ancient heroes, men of renown. Genesis 6
The book of Enoch specifically deals with this whole Genesis 6 experiment and I’m pretty sure the story as it is laid out in Genesis 6 presupposes that you have already read or at least heard about Enoch’s life story. After all he walk with God and was taken to heaven.
Now begins my what ifs about the Genesis 6 Experiment
What if the Earth and the whole human history was designed as an object lesson for the angels?
Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. . . when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy? (Job 38: 4,7).
God created the angels and according to Michael Heiser, He has a whole divine council. In Dr. Heiser’s book, the Unseen Realm, he goes into great detail about this divine council and their jobs.
Babylon Rising (updated and expanded): And The First Shall Be Last (Volume 1)The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the BibleThe Books of Enoch, Jubilees, and Jasher – the Bibically endorsed trio
What if God created the Earth, and it is flat, with a dome over it (think snow globe), and in the base of the snow globe is Shoel (the underworld), the bottomless pit and the great deep. I like this image, which I believe is taken from Michael Heiser’s book.
In this version of reality, God sits enthroned above the North Pole watching all that happens on the Earth. Because the angels can come to Earth, there must be some entry points. We know there are windows in the firmament because of these verses:
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
And that lord answered the man of God, and said, Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof. 2Kings 7:1
And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake. Isaiah 24:18
What if these entry points are portals? We know that at the very least Mount Herman is such a portal. It is likely that when Yeshua (Jesus) was transfigured it was right by the same place as Mount Herman, which is also where the gates of Hell are located.
To understand what is going on here we need to understand where this took place, what happened here in history and what was said and done here. (For background read Mathew 16 and17 and Luke 9):
- The location of the “gates of hell” was at the base of Mt. Hermon in the Golan Heights, Northern Israel and at the base of the mountain in Jesus day was the city of Caesarea Philippi.
- In past history of Israel this was Dan the place where Jeroboam erected a golden calf worship centre to stop Israel from worshiping in Jerusalem.
- It was on this Mt. Hermon that the fallen angels of Genesis 6 and 1 Enoch 6 descended in human form and inter-married with the daughters of men.
- Its location is therefore sacred to all occult societies being on the 33 degree latitude and 33 longitude (from the Paris meridian) and why 33 degrees is important to the Masonic orders.
- One of the leaders of the fallen angels was called Azazel (meaning “goat”) but the Greeks called him Pan and was depicted as half man and half goat (see picture). In Revelations he is referred to as Abaddon (meaning “destroyer”), in Isaiah in the KJV he is (incorrectly) referred to as “Lucifer” but Jesus called him “satan”.
- As a recognized place of high occult power, a shrine to the god Pan (Azazel, or satan) was built here with a temple that led into a cave in the mountain. It was a place to seek help and power from the priests of satan. The Romans called it the Grotto of Pan, the Jews called it “the gates of hell”.
- It was here that Jesus took His disciples and for the first time revealed to them that He was the Messiah, the Son of God and that He would die and be resurrected.
- Then He told them He would build His Church and “the gates of hell would not prevail against it”.
- And then He took Peter, James and John up the mountain to go and pray and there Jesus was transformed before them into His glorified body with Moses and Elijah communing with Him and God declaring, “This is my beloved Son….” [read the whole post here]
Rob Skiba (who I believe coined the term Genesis 6 Experiment) Explains this significance here:
What if the angels that rebelled, rebelled before the creation of man. What if God created man, knew he would fall, but made a way for him to be redeemed anyway? What if the whole human experience is a demonstration of God’s grace towards his creation (angelic and human). What if the fallen angels are not redeemable? What if the whole Genesis 6 Experiment was an angelic attempt to save their offspring. Maybe they didn’t realize that their offspring, though part man/part angel wouldn’t have a redeemable soul?
What if the whole garden of Eden episode was the first angelic attempt to make man like angels? Like the opening move in a cosmic chess match between those who are fallen, led by Lucifer, and God the Almighty? What if the part you play in this whole event is really significant even if you can’t see what is happening?
Search the scriptures, read history, understand what you believe and why. Don’t discount things before investigating them, you would be floored at how much of what we are taught and never question is wrong!